Although our firm has been known by our present name since 1907, it actually dates back to 1842, when Joseph McCoy operated a mill, on what is now known as Horseshoe Pond. Edward Maskrey leased this business in 1865 and in 1881 built our present building. The Mitchell Family purchased the business in 1907 and four generations of Mitchell’s have been involved in the day to day operation of the milling business.
In July of 2000, our firm purchased Maquoketa Feeds, Inc., expanding our feed milling and pelleting capabilities. The Mitchell family continues to offer a long tradition of value, honesty, and integrity in everything they do. Generations of local farmers have made this business a local landmark.